Adapted from Simplyrecipes.com
This is a great gluten free way to use those fresh pears and it’s the perfect comfort food for the fall!
- 4 thin boneless pork chops
- 1 large pear (anjou, bartlett, or bosc), peeled and diced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp cooking (canola or vegetable oil)
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup minced shallots
- 2 Tbsp minced ginger
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 3 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat until shimmering.
- Salt the pork chops well and leave them out at room temperature while you chop the vegetables and the pear.
- When the oil is hot, pat the pork chops with a paper towel to remove moisture and sear them for 3-5 minutes until browned on one side, then flip them over and do the same with the other side (do this step in batches to avoid crowding).
- Remove all the oil except 1 tablespoon of the oil from the pan.
- Add butter, shallots and ginger and mix.
- Cook the mixture for 1 minute, then add the chopped pear and toss to combine.
- Cook another minute and add the chicken stock, vinegar and honey and bring to a rolling boil until the liquid is reduced by 2/3, this should take 4-6 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the rosemary and some black pepper.
- Salt to taste and serve!