Adapted from Rikki Snyder Photography
This gluten free green beans and caramelized shallot recipe is the perfect side dish for your Thanksgiving Feast or even just an everyday meal.
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- 8 thinly sliced shallots
- 2 lbs. of trimmed fresh green beans
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over low heat.
- Add shallots and a dash of salt and cook until caramelized (1/2 hour to 1 hour – depending on your stove), stirring frequently as shallots begin to brown.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix green beans with olive oil, salt, and pepper on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until tender and just beginning to brown.
- Serve topped with shallots.