Adapted from Bonappetit.com
Looking for some great gluten free side dishes to serve with your Thanksgiving dinner? Try this great recipe – you’ll be sure to love it!
- 2 cups of wild rice
- 1 cup long-grain brown rice
- 6 tbsp of butter
- 4 1/2 cups of low-salt chicken broth
- 1 tbsp of dried thyme
- 1 cup of chopped shallots
- 1 cup of chopped celery
- 1/2 tsp of coarse kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups of red seedless grapes
- 1 1/2 cups of green seedless grapes
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp of balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts or pecans, toasted, chopped
- 1 tbsp of finely grated orange peel
- Preheat your oven to 350 F
- Place the grapes on a rimmed baking sheet, drizzle the grapes with oil and toss.
- Roast grapes until the start to wrinkle, about 15 minutes.
- When the grapes are cooked, transfer to a bowl, toss with vinegar and let them stand at room temperature.
- Melt butter in heavy large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add shallots and celery and cook until soft, stirring frequently.
- Add wild rice, chicken broth, thyme, and kosher salt and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover and simmer 30 minutes.
- Add brown rice, cover, and simmer until rice is tender but firm, adding more broth by 1/4 cupfuls if dry, about 40 minutes longer.
- Add grapes and any juices, nuts, and orange peel to hot rice and toss.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.