Adapted from Wholefoodsmarket.com
It’s almost Thanksgiving and that means a turkey feast and all the fixings! If you follow a gluten free lifestyle, you may think your options are limited, but that’s not true – you can even have stuffing – here’s a great gluten free recipe, which is absolutely delicious!
- 6 cups of gluten free bread cubes
- 4 tbsp of unsalted butter
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 diced yellow onions
- 2 diced celery stalks
- 2 diced carrots
- 2 tsp of dried sage
- 2 tsp of dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup of dry white wine
- 1 cup of gluten free chicken broth
- 1/4 cup of chopped fresh parsley
- Cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- Spread the cubes bread on a large baking sheet and bake for approximately 20 minutes , stirring occasionally, until dried and golden brown. (If using premade stuffing cubes, skip this step.)
- Allow the bread to cool.
- Increase the oven temperature to 325°F.
- While baking the bread cubes, melt butter over medium heat, in a medium skillet.
- Add shallots, onions, celery and carrots and saute, stirring frequently, until caramelized.
- Add the sage, thyme, salt and pepper and cook over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the wine and continue to cook over medium heat until liquid is reduced by half.
- In a large bowl, combine vegetable mixture with bread cubes, chicken broth and parsley.
- Lightly coat a 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray and place the mixture to the baking dish and bake for 30 minutes until hot throughout and golden brown.