Adapted from weightwatchers.com
Let your slow cooker do all the work with this simple gluten free beef and vegetable stew!
- 2 cups (approximately 7 oz) of frozen chopped onions
- 3 pounds uncooked trimmed lean boneless beef brisket, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium minced garlic cloves
- 2 medium uncooked sweet potato(es), peeled and cut into bite-size chunks
- 1/2 pound of uncooked baby carrots
- 8 small uncooked, unpeeled new potatoes, cut in half
- 16 pitted prunes (substitute dried apricots, if preferred)
- 4 Tbsp of fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1 cup of canned beef broth
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 5 tsp honey, divided
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Place onions, beef, garlic, sweet potatoes, carrots, new potatoes, prunes, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of honey in a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker.
- Add salt, pepper, cinnamon and broth and stir well.
- Cook on low setting for 7 to 8 hours.
- About 5 minutes before serving, add the remaining 2 Tbsp of lemon juice and remaining 2 tsp of honey; cover and cook on low for 5 minutes.