We love Eggplant Parmesan! Here is a gluten free version
- 3 tbsp of Olive oil
- 1 Medium eggplant, sliced approx 1/4 inch thick
- 1 Large egg
- 1 Cup gluten free bread crumbs
- 1/2 Cup corn meal
- 24 oz Gluten free marinara sauce
- 1/2 Cup grated Boar’s Head Parmesan Cheese (or some other gluten free option)
- 1 1/2 Cups Boar’s Head whole milk low moisture Mozzarella Cheese (or some other gluten free option)
- Sliced Tomato
- Preheat your oven to 350F
- Place 3 tbsp. olive oil on a baking sheet.
- In a bowl, whisk together egg and milk. In a separate bowl combine gluten free bread crumbs and cornmeal.
- Dip each eggplant slice, first in egg mixture and then in bread crumbs, covering both sides.
- Place the coated eggplant on the baking sheet.
- Bake eggplant for 15 minutes.
- Cover the bottom of an oven-safe baking dish with marinara sauce and place the eggplant on top of the sauce
- Top with chicken and mozzarella cheese
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until cheese is melted and the tomato is warmed through.
- Garnish with additional Parmesan cheese to serve.