This is a great recipe for gluten free beer battered fish and spicy gluten free oven fries. Enjoy!
Beer Battered Fish Ingredients
- 2 lbs white fish fillet (any t kind of white fish)
- 1 cup rice flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dill weed
- 3/4 cup Bard’s Tale beer (may substitute with carbonated water)
- 2 eggs
- 2 pounds washed, large russet potatoes (unpeeled)
- 1/4 cup olive oil or vegetable
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free Italian seasoning blend OR your favorite GF seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
Gluten Free Beer Battered Fish Instructions
- Gently wash the fish in cold water, and pat dry with paper towels.
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine beer and eggs separately then stir into dry ingredients until mixture is smooth.
- Put fish into the batter mixture; coat well, and let stand for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat oil to 350°F; gently place small batches of fish in oil to avoid dropping the oil temperature. Fry until golden brown, about 5 to 8 minutes, turning the fillets regularly to prevent scorching the batter.
- Remove fish to paper towels to drain excess oil. Keep warm in oven until all the fish are cooked.
Gluten Free Fries Instructions
- Preheat oven to 425° F / 218° C
- Slice potatoes into 1/4-inch x 1/4-inch fries.
- Pour oil, seasonings and fries into a 13×9-inch baking dish or a large baking sheet and stir to thoroughly coat fries with olive oil and seasoning.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Turn fries and bake until golden and crispy (another 15 minutes or so).