Adapted from Eatingwell.com
This gluten free bacon mashed potato recipe is so simple bound to be a favorite side at your Thanksgiving dinner. So good, we doubt you’ll have any leftovers!
- 1 pound new or baby potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 bacon slices
- 1/3 cup of milk (can substitute buttermilk)
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/4 tsp of freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup of reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 sliced scallions
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar (optional)
- Cover potatoes with water in a large saucepan and simmer over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook the potatoes partially covered, until they are tender.
- Drain the potatoes and transfer to a large bowl.
- Cook the bacon until crisp and drain on a paper towel.
- When the bacon is cool enough to handle, cut it or crumble it into small pieces
- Mash the potatoes, milk (or buttermilk), salt and pepper with a potato masher until the liquid is incorporated but some chunks of potato still remain.
- Fold in the sour cream, scallions cheddar cheese and the crumbled bacon.